Saturday, February 14, 2009

Go Sushi is no-go for this NYer




Yes go sushi, has been around for many years and I have had many pieces in the past without complaint. I am not sure if the quality has gone down or if my drunken sushi eating helped the flavor.

I ordered the Sushi regular about $10.00 after tax. The miso soup was skimpy on the miso paste, I didn't taste the dashi only mushroom broth. The soft tofu was thrown in as very large chunks. The waki was cheap Chinese replacement waki. All served in one of my favorite NY coffee cups- always loved that touch.

The salad, if it can really be called that was iceberg lettuce without even a shred of carrots. It was thrown in as large chunks, with brown edges (never a good sign). With a teaspoon of bland ginger carrot dressing.

The sushi was as follows. The salmon was fine, lots of soy sauce and spicy mayo ($.50 more) helped. The California roll was basic and cheap. The rice was slightly longer grained then most sushi restaurants use. Yellow tail was fine, but the tuna I left on the plate. The tuna had a bit and I spent much too effort fighting the sashami piece in my mouth.

Its better to go Drunk.

No comments:

Post a Comment