Saturday, February 14, 2009

Waldy's Pizza


Yes I ordered a Roasted Eggplant, Zucchini and Olives

pizza last week for lunch. The small is $8.00. I arrive with high expectations as the heavily tattooed cashier took my order with a look of bored frustration. Still I remain undeterred from my excitement. The place smells like cheese, basil, and burnt bread. I take my pizza and leave the small over crowed restaurant. After a block of walking I am ready to eat it.

First, I notice is the pizza needed another few minutes in the brick oven, and the lack of Roasted Eggplant. My first bite is nice. The pizza is drooping down due to it's short lived stay in the oven and the basil hits good and hard- yummy. The four cheese blend isn't helpful with the other flavors on the pie. The cheese is battling with the olives, zucchini, and eggplant. The little remnants of the eggplant are good, the olives are jared boring green, and the zucchini is my favorite. Overall, the pizza feels too heavy despite the small size and the very thin crust. I enjoyed my pizza however, I still prefer Lombardi's the original.

1 comment:

  1. http://villagevoice.backpage.com/JobWanted/exceptional_professional_executive_assistant/classifieds/ViewAd?oid=5688830

    ReplyDelete