Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Freezing the tofu

Since I love tofu and have eaten it almost as long as I have pot pies, I have decided to work with it more this week. After being a vegetarian for many years (on and off since I was 16) I have learned to love the tofu and beans in general.

Freezing the tofu rules:
  • Make sure the tofu is firm, if its medium-firm them make sure to wrap it in several towels and put something on top for 6 hours to drain.
  • Place into the freezer for 24 hours or more, allowing for the texture to develop.
  • When you remove the tofu from the freezer, wrap in towels and wait for the defrost- usually takes me from 8-5pm.
  • The tofu texture will almost be like tripe (so I hear).

Then add some flavor. For quick stir fry's i just add soy sauce and cornstarch and its good.

1 comment: